Monday, July 28, 2014

Girl Power

I recently found this article on Buzzfeed about exceptional women (click here to check it out). I hope this list of 51 role models inspires you and makes you proud to be an Everyday Gal. Here are some of my favorites:
  • Mindy Kaling: I recently saw a few episodes of The Mindy Project and I'm not exaggerating when I say I cried of laughter! Mindy (and her writing) is so witty and funny. She's a huge inspiration to women comedians and screenwriters. If you loved her on The Office, you'll love her show.
Currently reading her hilarious memoir
  • Emma Watson: I mean, come on- who doesn't love Emma Watson? Loved her in Sofia Coppola's Bling Ring movie and of course as Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter movies. 
  • J.K. Rowling: I remember watching a short documentary on Rowling a couple years ago and I was really inspired. She is so creative! But you already knew that if you've so much as heard the words "Harry Potter". If that magical series wasn't enough, she shocked the world publishing even more incredible books under the pseudonym Robert Galbarith. What a boss!
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."- Albus Dumbledore
  • Amy Poehler: One of my biggest role models. Too bad I didn't watch SNL before 2010 because I've seen clips of her on the show, and she was hilarious. Besides being a comedian and star of Parks and Recreation, she founded a girl-power website Smart Girls at the Party. Side note: they retweeted me on Twitter once!! Major fangirl moment. 
With BFF Tina Fey
The next ladies did not make the cut for this Buzzfeed article, but I thought they deserved a spot on mine:
  • Lana Del Rey: She's an amazing performer and artist. Not everyone loves her unique style and weird music videos but I am a huge fan! My favorite song of hers right now is (unreleased) Breaking My Heart
#1 girl crush 
  • Elisabeth Moss: You could argue that Moss steals every scene she's in on Mad Men. She plays Peggy Olson, a determined girl working her way up the advertising ladder in a male-dominated advertising firm. If you haven't seen the show, watch it on Netflix. Catch up before the second half of the final season airs next year!

Know of anyone who deserves to be on the list? Leave it in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment